Got 3 month notice Brent was to be deployed.
Three months later we said our hardest goodbyes ever.
Three-ish weeks later my son and I moved back home to AZ to live with my mom.
Brent and I get to communicate a little here and there. Mainly through Facebook. I have never been so connected to my phone and a social network in my life but in my case it's been a blessing.
We just found out recently all the guys out in Afghanistan are pulling out early. So they will be returning sometime in January instead of April! I'm so ecstatic to get to see my husband again! But we will be back in Kansas for the time being. Last time I saw him was April 12th of this year and I've only seen one picture of him since. (and a couple Skype calls which are no way in focus what so ever!)
Coming up is our 2nd anniversary. Last year we didn't do anything due to our move out to Kansas. And this year he's deployed! Sheesh! But! .. We have had fun sending gifts back and forth. My husband definitely out did my presents though.
So first, I had a cake delivered through a company I found online to him out there. It had a dark chocolate edible embellishment on it that said "Happy Anniversary!"
Then I sent out a package with some funny underwear. (I can't exactly send him any other kind of clothing since he has to be in uniform!) Some snacks he likes, a card of course, fake roses with my perfume on them, one of those rubber bracelets (you know the solid color kind, one size fits all and usually is supporting some cause) In this case it says "Love knows no distance." I have a matching one too. And then I saw these couples pillow cases online that I was considering getting for us. With cute boy and girl stick figures featuring some way of sharing hearts across both pillow cases. I was a little unsure wether I should buy them or not, they weren't the cheapest pillowcases I had ever seen.. Until I researched what the traditional 2nd year anniversary present was. Cotton! And the pillowcases happened to be 100% cotton. So I was sold! I kept one and sent him one. (The website if you're curious is boldloft.com, super cute stuff!)

I lined the inside of the box with wrapping paper too.. This was just the start, I don't have the finished product picture though. I haven't heard if he's received it yet but I hope he likes it!
So then a couple days ago these came to my front door..

A beautiful bouquet that included calla lilies! Calla lilies were the flowers in my bouquet when we got married. Genius husband!!
Thennn the next day..

I got these necklaces in the mail! He knows me so well to the point where I would like such strange things, like the human heart, haha. Which I love! And the locket.. I've wanted one for so long but could never find one besides a stupid Twilight one from Hot Topic. Haha (I like the Twilight books but not enough to rock accessories.) More husband points!
And thennnnn... (I know, I know)
Today a knock on the door and a Fed Ex guy hands me a package.
It was the Canon Rebel T3i digital SLR camera I've been wanting and trying to save my own tips for!
I feel insanely spoiled! He's so good to me, I didn't expect all that since he's so busy out doing GI Joe things out of a movie! (Seriously, thats what I have to compare it to, I can't even believe half the stuff that goes on out there.)
He is amazing. And totally made my presents to him low on the totem pole.. Haha. But I didn't know what else to send to him with little space to keep things in his "room", including the fact that whatever is sent out there has to come back home with him somehow.
I just sent out his birthday care packages today too. I'll post those tomorrow because this lady is pooped!
Goodnight! <3 Ragen



No comments:
Post a Comment