If you know me.. You know I'm one for celebrating just about anything, (wait till Halloween!), especially birthdays. And even better.. A milestone birthday! 30 YEARS!
But, I couldn't do the whole 'throw the most ridiculous and embarrassing-rubbing in his age non stop- birthday party-where I invited everyone we know' thing. So inevitably, I was bummed and tried to think of ways to send the party to him!
I went to Party City and basically bought anything I could find with "30" on it.



And with all that ridiculousness I wrapped the inside of the actual flat rate boxes with birthday wrapping paper. Unfortunately, I couldn't find "30 year old" wrapping paper, haha!
Ok ok, next, who doesn't get cake for their birthday!? I read on plenty of different sites about this recipe called "cake in a jar" that all these military wives make their husbands and the cakes arrive overseas and delicious.
So I bought mason jars and cake mix.
Baked as directed.

They came out so cute. I was so proud. I shipped them out with a jar of frosting and utensils of course!


Yum!
So as an actual present and not just party junk I got my husband a picture frame. And in that picture frame was a receipt. The framed receipt was proof of a reservation I had made for two war video games that are like five-quels (not just the sequel) to the original games he plays on our Xbox 360. (Call of Duty and Battefield.. whatever are the newest versions of those.)I didn't know what else to get a guy who can't really have anything where he is. At least it gives him something to look forward to (besides Sylus and I, duh!) for when he comes home. Maybe it's mean because it's kind of a tease. But I thought it was funny and I was really lost at what else I could send him.

So on the 5th of September I got a phone call from Brent! Yay! He got his packages a couple days earlier than his actual birthday. (Early is better than late!) He thought all the decorations were nonsense like I figured he would, haha. But kept some of it due to a nice, sweet, threatening and loving letter I sent him about how he better take a picture in all the 30 year old crap! Haha
The picture frame with the video game receipt was a hit! He said he showed it off a little too. Sweet! Wife points!
And as for the cakes... My little beauties didn't make it. He said they didn't look or smell like cake by the time they reached him. Haha, eek!
Oh well, I tried! I don't know what else those other wives did to make their cakes stay good. I even added an extra ingredient... Love! Hahaha. Whatever. I'll try again for another holiday or something.
So that is that. These are the things I try to do to make my husband feel like he's somewhat with us still.
I hope I helped his birthday be a little special!


Sylus' "blowing up his balloon" face.

Just hanging out on top of daddy's birthday presents! Haha



No comments:
Post a Comment