Sunday, August 29, 2010

Oh the Anniversary & Kansas!

So its been a while since I've posted anything, I know. I'm going to try to be better at it now.
Today was our One Year Anniversary! We didn't do much but Brent had the day off of work thank goodness! I would have been real bored sitting at home on a day like this. Well, I pretty much sit around bored every day he's at work. I try to find things to do, like drive on Post and go to the USO, (it's where they have computers with internet, tvs to play any kind of video game, a movie room, etc.) or visit Brent for lunch or go to my friend Jenny's house. She lives in Junction City which is about 20 minutes from where I am in Manhattan.
Anyways, Brent and I sat around and relaxed and watched a bunch of movies from Redbox that we rented. Furry Vengeance, The Losers & Astro Boy. I'm SO glad there are Redboxes here. I don't know what we'd do without our $1 rentals!! :)











We also ate our year old cake! haha. Just a bite each. I made him try it first.
It looked SOOO gross! Mainly because our frosting colors were white, with black and blue ribbon frosting on the sides.. so the black and blue colors kind of bled into the nice white cake.. making it look rotten. haha! It wasn't though. It was however nice and soggy! Since it defrosted it obviously got soggy but the middle layer of strawberry cream was still icey. Pretty much one bite each and that cake went into the trash.

Kansas is.. interesting. I don't think I would have ever chosen to move to this state. And after being here, I still wouldn't have chosen to move here. But.. we go where the Army takes us. Our town is really small. Not what I'm used to. I miss Marketplaces and Circle K's. I miss grid streets & Subdivisions everywhere. The mountains and the dry weather. Mostly I miss my family & friends. I working on the 'trying to meet new people' thing here. It's weird trying to make friends when you don't have a job and you don't go to school and you have a baby.
Well, it's off to bed for me.
Goodnight! ♥

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Happy Be-lated Anniversary! I'm way glad Brent got the day off to spend with you. How long are you guys in Kansas for? Are there other families with kids Sylus's age? I'm really bad at getting to know new people, even though we became friends fast (back on that first day of seventh grade, haha) so I feel for you there. But I'm sure that this will be a great experience for you guys in the long run.

    ReplyDelete