I'm pretty sure I'll be starting school soon.
I'm trying to make it into the August 20th cycle, and If not I may have to wait until October. (On Post they have fast track classes where a semester is anywhere from 7-17 weeks long.)
Basically, I eventually want to end up being a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer.. aka Ultrasound Tech.
Buuuut.. those kind of schools are far and few between out here in Kansas. And most of them require some education under your belt before you get selected and attend. i.e. an Associates in Nursing, Associates in Radiology, etc.
Soooo... What I'm trying to do is somehow get my Associates in Nursing or what have you.. I'd pick Radiology but there are very few career choices at the college on Post.
You can go to school for free on Post. Or if that doesn't work for you you can pay and take online, night or weekend classes.. but those particular courses don't offer any concentrated degree of study. If that made sense. So that doesn't necessarily work for me with the ultimate goal of ending up at an Ultrasound school.
What I'm trying to figure out (on Monday) is if I can declare that I want to do my Associates in Nursing but just start with all the pre reqs online until I can figure out this car and babysitting situation. Because day classes (the free ones) are unfortunately not an option for me at the moment. :(
I have NO idea if that is even possible.. I still am trying to grasp the concept that I will be going to school.
But starting out.. UGH! There is a lot of BS to go through!!!
I hope this all works out. I am however, quiiiiiite a bit nervous about it!!!
EEK. Ragen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment